Walking Oldonyo Lengai - 4 Days
Major Attractions:Oldonyo Lengai mountain, lake Natron.
Tour Guides Language: English.
Starting Point: Arusha/Moshi.
Ending Point: Arusha/Moshi.
Safari Activity: Walking safari.
Additional info: Provide armed rangers to escort travelers during night safari.
- Arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Transfer to Ngaresero village
- Oldonyo Lengai Trekking
- Walking Safari In Nainokanoka Village
- Transfer To Arusha via Lake Natron
Pick up from the airport upon arrival by a professional guide. Transfer to the booked hotel in Arusha for check in. Get a short safari briefing from the tour guide for the safari overview.
Pickup from your accommodations in Arusha and transfer to Ngaresero village in Ngorongoro for about 8 hours. Have lunch enroute before arriving at the final destination. Arrive in the evening and set camp for dinner and overnight stay.
Wake up at 23:30 for putting on climbing gears including jackets, safari boots, trousers, sunhat and glasses(used while descending). Leave at 00:00 and transfer to the base of Oldonyo Lengai. Start climbing by 01:00 to ascend slowly where you will arrive at sunrise. Rest and have refreshments at the summit before descending down the mountain. Ascending is done in the night due to lack of shade and direct radiation rays from the sun. Return back to the campsite and take the rest of the day off resting.
Leave for Nainokanoka village with packed lunch. Take a walk to the Munge waterfalls which displays such magnificent views. Have lunch enroute and return back to the village. Visit the Maasai in the village for learning their beautiful culture and tradition through local dances and making handicrafts. In the evening, set camp for overnight stay.
After breakfast, start ascending out of the crater and walk towards lake Natron. Take a walk along the lake while admiring its beautiful alkaline nature. You may be able to see eggs laid by flamingos. Have a picnic lunch and start heading back to Arusha.
- Safari boots.
- Dark colored long sleeved shirts.
- Warm sweater.
- 2-3 trousers/pants.
- Sun hats and glasses.
- 3 to 4 pairs of socks.
- Light rain coat.
- Cotton underwear.
- 3 to 4 pairs of socks
- Pair of flip flop or sandals.
- Yellow fever health card (most crucial when travelling to Tanzania).
- Pain killers.
- Mosquito repellants.
- Malaria medication.
- Bandages and plasters.
- Antihistamine for cases of insects bites.
- Allergy medication.
- Digital camera with extra batteries.
- Tablet or Ipad for doing personal work or storing information.
- Toilet paper/Tissue.
- Shampoo and air conditioner.
It’s important to pack the right and necessary clothing needed for an African safari. This is due to weather conditions and nature of the trip. Bright colored clothes are strictly prohibited.
Safari clothes include:
Health safety is highly required while on a safari. Though health insurance is issued by the tour company, personal preparation won’t do any harm. Consider having
The necessary devices include:
Hotels and lodges provide toiletries though personal stuffs will be of a great help especially if nature calls and you have to use bush toilet. Consider packing:
Supply Of Cash
Having cash is mostly recommended in a safari since not all places use credit cards. Additionally cash is most useful in case of purchasing personal items. US dollar is highly used for payment.
A wildlife safari is one of the greatest adventures that creates wonderful and lifetime memories.
- National park entrance fees.
- Full board accommodation on tour.
- Service of an English speaking driver guide.
- Transport based on an excellent 4*4 Vehicle rebuilt for Safari.
- Game drives as per the Itinerary.
- Complimentary bottle of water the first and second day.
- Government taxes.
- International flights.
- Transport outside the itinerary schedule.
- Departure taxes.
- Tips to drivers (highly recommended).
- Visa, Travel Insurance (we can help arrange of them).
- Expenditures of personal nature like drinks, telephone, laundry, Internet etc.