Tarangire, Serengeti and Ngorongoro Safari - 5 Days
Destination:Tarangire, Serengeti and Ngorongoro.
Major Attractions:Big Five, Baobab trees, Ngorongoro Caldera.
Tour Guides Language: English.
Starting Point: Arusha/Moshi.
Ending Point: Arusha/Moshi.
Safari Activity: Game drive
Additional info: Provide armed rangers to escort travelers during night safari.
- Arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Transfer to Tarangire National Park
- Transfer to Serengeti National Park
- Full Day Game Drive In Serengeti
- Transfer To Ngorongoro Via Olduvai Gorge
- Transfer to Arusha Via Ngorongoro Crater
Pick up from the airport upon arrival by a professional guide. Transfer to the booked hotel in Arusha for check in. Get a short safari briefing from the tour guide for the safari overview.
Leave at 7:30 in Arusha and start the journey to the famous Tarangire known for its large number of elephants and baobab trees. Upon arrival, proceed with game drive in the park to spot many animals including big cats, elephants, giraffes, buffalos, antelopes and a number of birds. Break for a picnic lunch and proceed with game drive till late afternoon. Transfer to the booked hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Leave from Tarangire and drive to the vast plains of Serengeti with packed lunch. Arrive in the afternoon and do game drive searching for wild animals. In the evening, drive back to the booked hotel for overnight stay.
Leave for a day’s game drive in the Serengeti plains. Game viewing to spot Big Five, hippos, elands, zebras, antelopes and others. Break for a picnic lunch and proceed with game viewing till late evening. Transfer to the booked hotel for overnight stay.
Leave for Oldupai Gorge, an anthropological site holding remains for the first human. Have lunch enroute and proceed with the drive to Ngorongoro. Arrive in the late afternoon and transfer to the booked hotel. Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
Start descending down the Ngorongoro Crater, the largest unbroken caldera which is a home to a variety of animals and bird species.
Game drive in the crater to spot Big Five, elands, buffalos, jackals and thousands of flamingos. Ascend out of the crater to have lunch at a picnic site. Drive back to Arusha to earlier accommodations or a flight back home.
- Safari boots.
- Dark colored long sleeved shirts.
- Warm sweater.
- 2-3 trousers/pants.
- Sun hats and glasses.
- 3 to 4 pairs of socks.
- Light rain coat.
- Cotton underwear.
- 3 to 4 pairs of socks
- Pair of flip flop or sandals.
- Yellow fever health card (most crucial when travelling to Tanzania).
- Pain killers.
- Mosquito repellants.
- Malaria medication.
- Bandages and plasters.
- Antihistamine for cases of insects bites.
- Allergy medication.
- Digital camera with extra batteries.
- Tablet or Ipad for doing personal work or storing information.
- Toilet paper/Tissue.
- Shampoo and air conditioner.
It’s important to pack the right and necessary clothing needed for an African safari. This is due to weather conditions and nature of the trip. Bright colored clothes are strictly prohibited.
Safari clothes include:
Health safety is highly required while on a safari. Though health insurance is issued by the tour company, personal preparation won’t do any harm. Consider having
The necessary devices include:
Hotels and lodges provide toiletries though personal stuffs will be of a great help especially if nature calls and you have to use bush toilet. Consider packing:
Supply Of Cash
Having cash is mostly recommended in a safari since not all places use credit cards. Additionally cash is most useful in case of purchasing personal items. US dollar is highly used for payment.
A wildlife safari is one of the greatest adventures that creates wonderful and lifetime memories.
- National park entrance fees.
- Full board accommodation on tour.
- Service of an English speaking driver guide.
- Transport based on an excellent 4*4 Vehicle rebuilt for Safari.
- Game drives as per the Itinerary.
- Complimentary bottle of water the first and second day.
- Government taxes.
- International flights.
- Transport outside the itinerary schedule.
- Departure taxes.
- Tips to drivers (highly recommended).
- Visa, Travel Insurance (we can help arrange of them).
- Expenditures of personal nature like drinks, telephone, laundry, Internet etc.