3 DAYS MOUNT MERU
Destination:Mount Meru via Miriakamba route.
Major Attractions:Meru mountain.
Tour Guides Language: English.
Starting Point: Arusha/Moshi.
Ending Point: Arusha/Moshi.
Additional info: Provide porters and cookers for guidance and assistance while on the mountain.
- Momella Gate (1500M) to Miriakamba Hut (2500M)
- Distance: 10 Kilometers.
- Time: 5-6 Hours walking.
- Zone: Rain forest.
- Miriakamba Hut (2500M) to Saddle Hut (3500M)
- Distance: 8 Kilometers.
- Time: 5 Hours walking.
- Zone: Moorland.
- Ascend to Socialist Peak (4566M) to Momella gate (1500M)
- Distance: 23 Kilometers.
- Time: 8 Hours walking.
- Zone: Rain forest.
Pickup from your accommodations at 8:00 and drive to Momella gate for registration formalities Start climbing through the lush green beautiful forest while admiring the natural views. On the way, get chances to see wild animals including zebra, giraffes and antelopes. The path leads to Miriakamba hut for dinner and sleep.
After the hot breakfast, trek out from the Montana forest to the saddle below Little Meru. Have some lunch at saddle hut and a long rest. Get prepared for the summit and drink enough water.
Wake up at 23:00 for putting on climbing gears. Start climbing by 00:00 “pole pole” to Rhino point and later proceed on to Cobra point. The trail finally leads to Socialist peak where you will arrive at sunrise. Spend time at the summit resting and taking pictures. Start descending down to reach at Saddle hut for brunch and a little rest. The trail finally leads to Miriakamba hut for dinner and overnight stay. After an early breakfast, proceed with the descent to finally arrive at Momella gate in the late morning. Return back to previous accommodations in Arusha/Moshi town. “Normally tipping can be done to the last campsite or at the certain gate”.
- Waterproof pants
- 1-2 Long Sleeve Trekking Shirts
- 1 Pairs of hiking pants
- 1 Fleece Jacket
- 1 Insulated Winter Jacket
- 2 pairs synthetic warm weather trekking socks
- 4 pairs heavier synthetic or wool blend socks
- Top and Bottom Base Layer
- 3-4 Short Sleeve
- Water/Windproof mittens
- Lightweight gloves
- Lightweight Rain gear
- 1 Pair of hiking boots
- A day pack
- Headlamp with extra batteries
- 1 Sleeping bag
- 1 Duffel bag
- A pair of trekking poles
- Backpack cover
- Water bottle
- Extra batteries/Power bank
Kilimanjaro Climbing Packing List
Kilimanjaro climbing is one of the adventurous tour activity that one shouldn’t miss. However to make it more entertaining, it’s required to pack the right and necessary equipment.The following list will be of a great help:-
- Private transport to & from Kilimanjaro International Airport to your accommodations in Moshi.
- 2 nights of accommodation in Moshi.
- Transportation to & from the Kilimanjaro gate.
- Park entry fees.
- Camping fees.
- Team Kilimanjaro Rescue fees.
- 18% VAT on tour fees & services.
- 4 Season mountain tents.
- Double layered Sleeping Mats.
- Friendly and professional mountain guides, cook and porters.
- 3 hot meals daily while on the mountain.
- Enough treated & filtered drinking water throughout the trek.
- Hot water for washing.
- Fair wages for the mountain crew as approved by the Kilimanjaro National Park Authority (KINAPA), Kilimanjaro Association of Tour Operators (KIATO).
- Government taxes.
- Portable oxygen tanks & ox meter.
- Emergency first-aid kit.
- Lunches, dinners and drinks at your hotel before and after climb.
- Travel insurance.
- Portable flush toilet with a toilet tent is available for extra charges $ 70 for the entire trek.
- Laundry (Available at hotel).
- Personal items and toiletries.
- Tips for guides, porters and cook (this is a guide to tipping on the mountain).